This recipe uses 1 packet of our Protein Muffin Mix and makes up 12 big muffins, if you only want 6 muffins, just half all the ingredients below. What am I saying? Of course you want all 12 low carb chocolate muffins.
- 1 packet of Protein Muffin Mix
- 6 eggs or 360g egg white
- 300ml milk of choice (we used almond milk)
- 100g sour cream (we used light)
- 100g dark chocolate pieces
- 100g cocoa powder
- 200g zucchini, grated
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Spray a muffin tray with oil, or line with muffin wrappers – ready for 12 muffins
- Empty the packet of Protein Muffin Mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the dark chocolate and cocoa. Use a spoon to mix the cocoa and chocolate pieces through the muffin mix.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk & sour cream with a whisk – then add the grated Zucchini
- Add the egg mixture into the muffin mix and gently fold to combine.
- Portion the mixture evenly into the 12 muffin tins.
- Decorate with a few dark chocolate pieces
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and wait 5 minutes before removing the muffins and placing them on a cooling rack.
Once cooled completely, pop the muffins into a container with a tea towel over the top, and keep in thefridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Reheat muffins in the microwave and serve warm.